Growth of Medical Tourism
Top Reasons People Travel for Treatment
The following short articles make for an interesting read.
In no set order, the reasons cited include:
- lower costs
- advanced technology and world-class care
- less bureaucracy
- efficient services, quicker access, no wait times
- more human medical care and attention
- the joys of travel
Top 3 Cities by Specialty
- The top 3 cities for Bariatric surgery in Mexico are Tijuana, Cancun and Monterrey.
- The top 3 cities for Genetic Reproduction (such as IVF) are Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara.
- The top 3 cities for Cardiology treatment are Mexicali, Monterrey and Cancun.
- The top 3 cities for Cosmetic Dentistry are Cancun, Los Algodones and Tijuana.
- The top 3 cities for Lasik eye surgery are Mexicali, Mexico City and (once again) Cancun.
(My Medical Club was founded in Cancun, Quintana Roo in 2009.)
Did you know?
- Mexico has over 120 hospitals certified by the Federal Health Council and 9 JCI-accredited hospitals, the world’s gold standard in medicine.
- Monterrey has 3 JCI-accredited hospitals
- 84 million Americans are either not insured or under-insured
- The public healthcare system in Mexico rivals that of those found in European countries like England and Switzerland.
- Annual growth of the medical tourism industry is over 20%
- 75% of medical tourists travel with a companion
- 33-38% of medical tourists undergo cosmetic surgery, the most popular treatment